Friday 15 May 2009

Synecdoche, New York



Not a full review as such, just a reaction. The film is everything, and it's made me feel null. This is in spite of the fact that it should make we want to live my life fully, not wasting time over analysing and recording events (like I'm doing now). It both vilifies art and highlights it's importance and our need for it. I suppose my mistake was going to see it on my own...

However, if you just get on with your life and hate navel gazing, you will probably find this film tedious and frustrating.

Anyway everyone should see this film, but not many people will enjoy it. Well done Mr. Kaufman. 9/10

(Might have to do all reviews like this, I haven't written about Le the Right One In, Wolverine or Star Trek yet :-/)

1 comment:

  1. Do a Star Trek review! I've never seen a single full episode and I went in to the theatre almost wanting to hate it for some reason. I thought it was brilliant however. Superb! Though there could have been less artificial lens flare.

    ReplyDelete